Effective And Affordable Solutions
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Child Custody
  4.  » Seeking changes to an existing child custody agreement

Seeking changes to an existing child custody agreement

On Behalf of | Apr 14, 2020 | Child Custody

Upon deciding to dissolve a marriage, many parents in Arizona and across the nation may feel that reaching an acceptable parenting plan is vital to safeguarding the needs of the kids. However, while the original child custody plan may have been adequate at the time, what happens when one or both parents encounter a change in life circumstances? Those who encounter such a scenario may feel it necessary to revisit the original agreement and make the required modifications, but they might be uncertain how best to handle the process.

There are numerous scenarios in which it could be necessary to seek modifications to a child custody order. For instance, various life experiences could prompt a need for physical relocation, such as a sudden change in employment. Should one parent encounter a need to move to a new location, the change could disrupt or even complicate current visitation arrangements.

Frequent disruptions to the current visitation schedule prompted by a lack of willingness to comply with the terms of a parenting plan could also create a need to seek changes. In some cases, changes to a child’s life circumstances might provoke a desire to seek modifications to help ensure the arrangement meets his or her needs. Changes may also be necessary should either parent feel that the current parenting plan poses any kind of threat to the safety of the kids.

Child custody can be one of the toughest aspects of divorce and making changes to an existing parenting plan can be challenging at times, even if it becomes necessary. Those who encounter a change in life circumstances and wish to know how to prepare to pursue modifications to a parenting plan could benefit from retaining the services of an attorney early in the process. An attorney can examine the situation a client in Arizona is facing and assist in pursuing the necessary changes to his or her current child custody agreement through the proper channels.