Tucson Child Support Attorney
Prominent Family Law Firm In Arizona
The most serious disputes in a divorce involve either children or money. In these situations, it is best to have an experienced attorney on your side guiding you through the process of establishing a support order.
Tucson Child Support Lawyer
In Arizona, child support is determined by the Arizona Child Support Guidelines. The guidelines take into consideration the following:
- Gross monthly income of the parents
- Medical insurance premiums
- Day care/after-school costs
- Parenting time
- Extraordinary costs (needs of a disabled child or educational costs)
It is best to have an experienced lawyer guide you through this process. A less experienced attorney, or individuals who attempt to proceed without representation, might miss factors or miscalculate variables eventually costing them thousands of dollars.
As opposed to the calculation of child support, the determination of spousal support is at the discretion of the judge. Some of the factors the court considers include:
- Accurate income of both parties through subpoenaed earnings statements
- Labor market analysis of his or her earning capability
- Ability to work or retrain for a new career
- Contributions or sacrifices made during the marriage
- Length of the marriage
- Ability of a spouse to pay spousal maintenance
Over the course of a marriage, if one spouse supported another’s education or military relocation, this can translate into monetary value. In these situations, it is possible to argue that the supportive spouse did not have the opportunity to develop a career. Many times, we can get rehabilitative support to finance a spouse’s return to school to prepare for a new career. To support this goal, Michael will investigate financial records to thoroughly prepare. It is important to get an accurate picture of a family’s finances to ensure a fair outcome.
Contact The Firm
If you have questions regarding child support, contact the Law Office of Michael A. Johnson, P.C., by calling